9 Sep 2020
Access to Answers: The changing funding landscape
Goodwin meets up with Cambridge Innovation Capital (CIC) for a miniseries to discuss hot topics and practical tips for entrepreneurs and start-ups in the technology and life sciences industries.*
In this episode, Roshni and Carol discuss the changing funding landscape that has occurred during lockdown, including:
- Funding options available and how can companies extend their cash runway
- Future Fund Government Scheme
- How the funding landscape is changing
- Key areas that investors are focusing efforts
Stay tuned for our upcoming episodes on enhancing your relationships and developing your business.
Roshni Thakkar – Roshni is an associate in Goodwin’s technology and life sciences groups and primarily advises clients on transactions in the life sciences, healthcare and technology sectors, in particular in relation to venture capital investments and growth capital.
Carol Cheung – Carol is a Principal at Cambridge Innovation Capital (CIC) focusing on a range of technology investments. Prior to joining CIC, she worked in a variety of roles at several UK-based early stage technology companies, most recently as Commercial Director of Speechmatics, a Cambridge-based speech recognition start-up. She has a background in financial analysis gained from working in both the UK and Canada. She holds a B. Comm from the University of Toronto, an MBA from the University of Cambridge’s Judge Business School, and is a CFA charterholder.
* These episodes are conversations about rapidly-changing issues and should not be construed as legal advice because we are not considering the facts of your specific situation. If you have a particular situation on which you need advice, please do not hesitate to contact us using the information above.
Playtime: 12 minutes 24 seconds